Adding Pages and Files To a FrontPage Web
Do one of the following:
- In the FrontPage Explorer, switch to either the Folders View, the All Files View, or the Navigation View. On the File menu, point to New, then choose Page, or click the New Page button on the toolbar to create new pages:
- In the FrontPage Editor, create new pages and add them to the current FrontPage web using the Save command on the File menu.
- In the FrontPage Editor, open pages from the World Wide Web using the Open command on the File menu, then add them to the current FrontPage web using the Save command on the File menu.
- In the FrontPage Explorer, import pages or entire folders from your file system to the current FrontPage web using the Import command on the File menu
You can copy pages from a Web site to a FrontPage web, when permissible.
1 On the FrontPage Editor’s File menu, choose Open.
2 In the Open dialog box, do one of the following:
- Click the File button and locate the file you want to copy, then click OK. The page will open in the FrontPage Editor.
- Specify the Web server storing the file you want to copy, and then enter the URL of the file and click OK. The page will open in the FrontPage Editor.
- Click the World Wide Web button and browse to the URL of the page you want to copy to your FrontPage web, then return to the FrontPage Editor and click OK. The page will open in the FrontPage Editor.
3 On the File menu, choose Save As.
4 Enter a page title in the Title field.
5 Click OK.
You will be prompted to save any images, background sounds, or other page elements to the current FrontPage web.
When you import a file, you place a copy of the file in your FrontPage web. You can import any type of file that your operating system supports. To quickly import a file or a selection of files to the current FrontPage web, drag them into the FrontPage Explorer’s Folders View. To import files to an import list from which you can rename the files and later import them into the FrontPage web, do the following:
1 On the FrontPage Explorer’s File menu, choose Import.
In the Import File To FrontPage Web dialog box, you can add one or more files to the import list without importing them. The files remain on the list until you choose to import or remove them. Adding a folder to the import list will add all the files it contains (as well as those of its subfolders) to the import list.
2 To add a file to the import list, click Add File. In the Add File to Import List dialog box, point to the folder where the file you want to import is stored. Select the file, then click Open.
3 To add the entire contents of a folder to the import list, click Add Folder. In the Browse For Folder dialog box, locate and select the folder, then click OK.
4 To change the URL of any file before importing it (either to rename it or change the file's folder in the FrontPage web), click Edit URL to open the Edit URL dialog box. In the File Location Within Your FrontPage Web field, type a URL relative to the root of the current FrontPage web. For example, if you type the URL folder2/sample.htm, the page will be saved in folder2 below the root folder of the current FrontPage web. After changing the URL, click OK.
5 To save the import list and import the files in the list at a later time, click Close in the Import File to FrontPage Web dialog box. To start importing the files to the current FrontPage web, click OK.
While files are being imported, you can stop the process by clicking Stop.