FrontPage 2002 Tutorials - FrontPage tables in FrontPage 2002, How to turn table borders off and table border troubleshooting.
by Tina Clarke
(some tutorials cover FrontPage 2000 as well)
Tables are a great Webmaster tool. We use them to position and restrain our graphics and content, to some stunning effects. However, the stunning effects soon disappear when the borders appear. In the printed form in hard copy this is something you would rarely see and likewise on a site it's also not desirable in most cases.
How to turn table borders off
Position your cursor anywhere in the table, right-click the mouse button, and then click 'Table Properties' in the popup menu.
Under 'Borders', in the 'Size’ box, enter 0.
NOTE: The hidden border will appear as a dotted line in Normal view while you are editing the page.
Table border turn-off troubleshooting
If you set your table border to zero but it still shows up in Netscape Navigator, you probably need to set the compatibility so that your border properties work in both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator browsers. Do the following:
- In 'Page view', on the 'Tools' menu, click' Page Options'.
- Click the 'Compatibility tab'.
- Under 'Browsers', select Both Internet Explorer and Navigator.
- Under 'Browser versions', select 4.0 browsers and later.
- Under 'Servers', select 'Custom' (unless you know your server). If you know that your server has Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions, select the box that indicates that.
- Click OK.
First Published in
ABC ~ All 'Bout Computers
Volume 25, June 2003