FrontPage 2002 Tutorials - Hyperlinks View graphically shows the hyperlinks among pages and other files in your FrontPage web
by Tina Clarke
(some tutorials cover FrontPage 2000 as well)
Hyperlinks View graphically shows the hyperlinks among pages and other files in your FrontPage web, along with the hyperlinks from your FrontPage web to other World Wide Web sites.
The’ Folder List’ automatically appears when you view the ‘Hyperlink View’ but it can be turned off by clicking the x at the top of the list.
Files can be opened for editing, deleted, and opened in a web browser for viewing from the ‘Hyperlinks View’.
If you right click on the’ Hyperlink View’ pane you have a selection of three features:
- To show all hyperlinks on a page that are going to graphics, right click the background, and click 'Hyperlinks to Pictures' on the shortcut menu.
- To display page titles (instead of file names), right-click the background, and click 'Show Page Titles' on the shortcut menu.
- To display repeated hyperlinks, right-click the background, and click 'Repeated Hyperlinks' on the shortcut menu.
If you open the ‘images’ folder in the ‘Folder List’ a listing of the graphics will appear in the right hand pane. By selecting a graphic, you can determine if it is embedded in one of the pages in the web. If there are no blue lines then the graphic is not in your web.
- If you right click on the plus sign it will display further links from the file selected in the middle.
- Files with a small globe on the icon indicate the link is an external one and therefore won’t be verified.
- A picture button indicates a link to a visual element.
- An envelope button signifies the hyperlink leads to an email link.
By Right clicking any file you can select ‘Move to Center’ and the focus of the pane will change and display hyperlinks to and from this file.
First Published in
ABC ~ All 'Bout Computers
Volume 34, Mar 2004